"Naturopathic Doctors use well-researched treatments that have a strong focus on prevention."
Dr. Chris Halldorson – Kelowna Naturopathic Doctor
Welcome to my health blog! Over time, I’ll be blogging on various health topics, and how naturopathic medicine can play a role in your health plan. I hope you find them interesting and informative. My first article is a about on naturopathic medicine itself!
What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic medicine is a type of health care system that works to create the optimal conditions for your body to heal. I work hard to identify and treat the cause of your illness. When patients come to see me, I take thorough medical histories, order diagnostic lab work and perform physical exams to help diagnose your condition. My goal is to choose treatments that will support your body’s natural ability to heal.
What is a Naturopathic Doctor?
Naturopathic Doctors are highly trained general practitioners. We are primary health care providers and we use natural, traditional and conventional treatments with our patients. We diagnose and treat a wide variety of illnesses. Naturopathic Doctors use well-researched treatments and have a strong focus on prevention.
My Approach to Health
I believe that our natural state is good health. There can often be obstacles that come between us and our health. These obstacles work against our bodies and can prevent healing or recovering from illness. I work to find the root cause of a complaint and empower my patients to recover. I do this by helping them to maximize their natural healing process by following the naturopathic therapeutic order.
The Naturopathic Therapeutic Order
- We work together to remove any obstacles to your health.
- I choose therapies to help to stimulate your healing response.
- We identify and then strengthen any weakened system.
- I identify and help to correct the structural integrity of your body.
- Sometimes, I directly address your health with natural/conventional therapies.
- If needed, I’ll recommend invasive therapies (e.g., surgery or chemotherapy).
Accepting New Patients
Third Space Wellness
200-1708 Dolphin Ave
Kelowna BC V1Y-9S4
How I Address Your Health Concerns
I use a broad range of tools in my treatments. Some are natural, while others are not. Here are some examples:
- Botanical medicine – Plant extracts can be used to support your body, or to act directly to improve your health.
- Counseling – Counseling is a powerful tool to help you overcome difficult trials or to support the development of new health habits.
- Diet – The food you eat becomes the foundation for every biological process in your body. Addressing diet can make a big difference in health outcomes.
- IV Therapy – Administering vitamins and minerals intravenously can quickly address deficiencies.
- Nutritional Supplementation – The targeted use of specific nutrients can address deficiencies or supercharge specific biological processes.
- Physical Medicine – A combination of soft tissue work, joint mobilizations and rehabilitation exercises to help you heal from physical injuries.
- Prescription Medications – Medications may be used to act directly on your illness.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture – A unique way to help balance the body, acupuncture needles are used to relieve pain and bring balance.
If you have questions on how I can help to support your health, please set-up an appointment. I provide free 15 minute consultations to review how my approach to health can help you to achieve your wellness goals.